The Olds College Broncos battled back from a 3-2 deficit in the third period to defeat SAIT 5-4 in double overtime on Thursday, October 26th. Nearly 200 fans showed up - many of them wearing pink - on Breast Cancer Awareness Night and they saw a thrilling ACAC women's hockey game at the SportsComplex. Tori Chenier opened the scoring in the game, tied it at 3 early in the third period and capped off her hat trick with the winner in OT.
Tori Chenier's skate away play capped off her hat trick and an overtime victory for the Olds College Broncos on Thursday, October 26th.
Her third goal of the night in double OT pushed the Broncos ACAC women's hockey team past the SAIT Trojans 5-4.
It was the first hat trick in recent memory for Chenier and she was overjoyed to contribute to the victory.
According to Chenier, the Broncos were determined to bounce back in the third period after falling behind 3-2 prior to the second intermission.
Cassidy Holt and Kali Cummings also scored for Olds College, while Jaydlin Spooner made 21 saves in net.
Chenier says the Broncos enjoyed having a great crowd to play in front of on Breast Cancer Awareness Night.
Broncos blueliner Sinja Paurat says there are girls on their team who have family members that have been affected by cancer.
Olds College forward Krista Wilson says they had a number of ways for fans to contribute to their fundraising efforts.
The Broncos announced that just over $1000 dollars was raised on Breast Cancer Awareness Night.
On Saturday, October 28th in Calgary the SAIT Trojans won the rematch 3-2 over Olds College. Krista Wilson had a power play goal and Kali Cummings also scored for the Broncos who have won 3 of their 4 meetings this season with the Trojans.
OC's women's hockey team will take a 3 and 5 record into a home game versus GMU on Thursday, November 9th.
On Tuesday, April 17th just after 5pm the Olds Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire in the 6700 block of 46th Street. Upon arrival, crews determined there was no fire, but there was smoke being produced inside one of the occupancies from malfunctioning electrical equipment. According to the OFD, the nature of the incident was due to the failure of an electrical transformer from a nearby power service. No injuries were reported.